The end of the calendar year presents an excellent opportunity to reflect on how your practice has evolved. It is an ideal time to make resolutions or identify actions that will yield positive changes in the year ahead.
We canvassed our advisor community and compiled the following list of top ten advisor resolutions for the upcoming year:
- Invest in upgraded technology and dedicate the time needed to adapt to the new tools.
- Better leverage existing technology
- Only take on new clients that are a good fit for the firm
- Increase brand awareness using social media
- Network more and participate in activities that have led to solid referrals in the past.
- Document and execute quarterly sales goals, identifying key results areas and align budget and resources accordingly
- Prevent employee burnout by making work more fun
- Add a new product line or service capabilities
- Invest in staff training
- Focus on succession planning
People who explicitly make New Year’s resolutions are ten times more likely to attain their goals than people who do not make resolutions. How about you? Are you making one of the resolutions on our list, or do you have a different one?